Re: MPI low end

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 18:05:42 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/00 7:58:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tigers@bserv.com
writes:

> Dyno runs under 'ideal conditions' with and without the MPI will come
> shortly.

Bob

How about your 1/4 times and speeds ?? I'll tell ya what I found out but you
won't like it. I have a different cam though but The MPI is a higher rpm
intake and I found that shifting at about 5800 made quite a difference for
me. I tried the 5200-5400 with not much gain but when I moved it up I started
getting results. I think about a 6500 shift would be the thing :-) I have
been doing the 5800 - 6000 regularly with no problems yet but the big problem
I am having right now is 60' times. I went to NYIRP yesterday and got the
about 1:15, through tech and in line by 1:30, made one run and that was at
3:55. I was number 252 and they had a lot of oil downs. I tried the 235-60-15
BFG non drag radials, I didn't do a fancy red light show like some people but
put on a hell of a fish-tailing tire smokin ho down about half way down the
1/4. 2.401 sixty foot, hows that fer gittin outta the hole :-) Still ran a
14.6 @ 98 ???

Keep us posted on any news...

Bill