MAP Sensor "Issue"

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:10:06 EDT

Ok, it's been about 120 miles since the intake mods were completed and the
slight "pinging" noise is back. After a brief look at everything that was
done (and how it was done), I know it wasn't any type of intake leak.
Soooooo...I decided to put my old sensors all back on the truck. (TPS, AIS,
and MAP)

Guess what, the ONLY sensor that made a difference on the pinging problem
(got rid of it) was replacing the new MAP sensor with the factory original
unit. NO MORE PINGING!

Here's the information on the replacement MAP that's causing the problem:

P/N#: 56029405
Number Below the P/N#: 64469D
Number below that one: 2529BA

My old MAP had the same part number and the same number below the PN...but
the last number is different.

Anyone who works at Dodge (on this list), can you find out what that last
number is?

Thanks,

- Bernd
(Non-Pinging Dak...again.)