Re: PC based OBDII scanner

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 14:50:23 EDT

Rick wrote:

> Is anyone using a PC based OBDII scanner?? What kind??
> here are some I found on the net
>
> http://www.baumtools.com/obd2scan.htm
> http://www.obd2.com/quikcode_sw.htm
> http://www.easesim.com/personal_scantool.htm
> http://www.autotap.com/welcome.html

I am using the one from the following URL:

http://www.obd-2.com

All those above are pretty costly when you get "all" the features. This
one has all the features, is extremely cheap for what you get, and best
of all - software updates are free (new features as they are
developed). This guy (Alex) is also great about communicating via email
if you have problems like I did w/a cable that went bad. You can go
there now and download the program for free - try it out using some
existing datafiles (I can send you some more even) - then after
thoroughly testing the software, buy the cable for your vehicle. What
more could you ask for - ok maybe free cables (where's my voltmeter
8-)). Tell Alex that Shane Moseley sent ya as I told him I would send
him some business for treating me so good.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"