Gas mileage + LSD???

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 21:34:04 EDT

I've been having an email discussion with Rick (aka Fender) and he mentioned
that maybe my crappy highway mileage might be due to my LSD which he does
not have and gets better mileage.
BTW Rick gets about 17-18 mpg at 70 mph @2100 rpm, while at the same
velocity and engine speed i get only like 13 mpg. He does have a soft
tonneau which is the only difference besides the LSD.
So we both have 2000 CC 4x4 with the tire and handling package.
Of course the alternative theory is that i got a lemon that truly enjoys
sucking gas and money. :)
So what do all the voices of the DML have to say about this?

Frank WJ