New MAP sensor coming in tomorrow

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 22:39:18 EDT

Well, I've heard enough from you guys to convince me. Stopped by my local
NAPA today & ordered a MAP sensor for 94-96('cause I don't trust the 99 one
in my truck now) Dakota/Ram 318-360, guy said it would be in by lunch
tomorrow. About $73, so I'm taking the gamble. He also has a 97 Ram 360 that
he's put a new MAP in once a year, and says it IMMEDIATELY stops pinging!
Also has other friends with the same problem, both Daks & Rams, and they all
cured their ping with a new MAP sensor! Sounds just TOO coincidental to me.
Like he said, think of it as a routine service item, like a tune-up. BTW, he
runs 87 octane in his Ram after putting a new MAP in, and still gets no ping.
If this is indeed the "Holy Grail" of pinging solutions, then we should all
sue DC for the estimated cost per vehicle of yearly MAP sensor replacement!
Let's see, at $73 a pop per year(if necessary) times average ownership of 6
years, times how many Daks out there? We could be into the millions!! :) Of
course, free lifetime yearly replacements from DC would be better. Just a
thought.
I'll post my results after a day or two of driving with the new sensor.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC V8 2wd auto
always addin' more......
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE