Re: Re: MAP Sensor "Issue"

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 23:30:09 EDT

Just to add more unfounded speculation :-) It could be possible that DC
knows they have had a bad batch of MAP sensors. The fix, as we've seen
evidence of has cost ~$75 per sensor. Now multiply that $75 by the number
of pinging vehicles and see how much that fix would cost DC. Definitely
cheaper (in my therory) for DC to come out with a "flash" than to replace
all the MAP sensors. Thus using the "flash" as a placebo for the general
(non-DML'ing) consumer.

This has been my 5.2 cents worth
    Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      95 318 4x4 CC auto