Re: Limited Slip...how does it work?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 08:11:15 EDT

At 03:34 PM 4/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
>While I was at the track over the week end I did a few burn outs
>in the water box. I noticed that only my passenger side rear tire
>would spin. Isn't the LSD supposed to stop this? Shouldn't both
>tires be spinning?

Not necessarily. That's why these systems are called 'limited'.
When one tire has less traction than another, the mechanical limited
system 'transfers' only a %age of the total spin capability to the
tire with the lesser traction.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.