Re:Gas mileage + LSD???

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 12:18:16 EDT

Frank a 4-5 mile per gallon difference? Thats a big difference,
I'm highly skeptical on the LSD or the tonneau making that much of
a difference. I would love to see a sensor profile of both trucks,
to compare. When your talking .10's or.01's of a volt from an IAT,
MAP or 02 sensor etc to keep the PCM happy, I'd bet one of these babys
is a little out of spec. For instance I recall moving my IAT sensor
from the manifold to a slightly cooler location and my gas mileage
dropped about .5-1 mpg. Its amazing what sensors can do if they
are not within specification. On the other hand 17-18 mpg sounds
above average for 4x4.

GS -