New to list.

From: rdf (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 13:39:51 EDT

I am relatively new to the list and just wanted to say Hi. I've been
reading the list for a couple of months now in digest form. I have to
already say thanks to pretty much everyone because you've given me tips
and motivation to play more with my truck. I've got a copper metallic 92
CC V6, 5 speed, 3.55 sg Dak. I bought the truck new and have 105K on
it. I've done the basics sofar. Dynomax cat back exhaust, K&N filter in
an Edelbrock housing, and some ignition upgrades. I've got a couple of
questions. Has anyone out there tried bolting a V8 TB on their V6? I got
a hold of one once and tried it and it felt like I lost to much low end.
The '92s had the old fashioned round air cleaners. I've seen the mod
with the dual snorkels. Can this setup still flow enough air. I've got
the open element filter but would much prefer to have cool air. I know
flipping the lid helps alot (I did that until I got the new setup) but
that air is still from under the hood. Last question, How many of you
are from Upstate NY? I live outside of Rochester near Lake Ontario.
Thanks.

Doug

p.s. I hope this gets through.