Re: New to list.

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 13:51:31 EDT

> I am relatively new to the list and just wanted to say Hi. I've been
> reading the list for a couple of months now in digest form. I have to
> already say thanks to pretty much everyone because you've given me tips
> and motivation to play more with my truck. I've got a copper metallic 92
> CC V6, 5 speed, 3.55 sg Dak. I bought the truck new and have 105K on
> it. I've done the basics sofar. Dynomax cat back exhaust, K&N filter in
> an Edelbrock housing, and some ignition upgrades. I've got a couple of
> questions. Has anyone out there tried bolting a V8 TB on their V6? I got
> a hold of one once and tried it and it felt like I lost to much low end.
> The '92s had the old fashioned round air cleaners. I've seen the mod
> with the dual snorkels. Can this setup still flow enough air. I've got
> the open element filter but would much prefer to have cool air. I know
> flipping the lid helps alot (I did that until I got the new setup) but
> that air is still from under the hood. Last question, How many of you
> are from Upstate NY? I live outside of Rochester near Lake Ontario.
> Thanks.

Doug,
Welcome. I am currently running dual cold air ducts, which I have noticed
some gas mieage increase and good overall performance gains, especially over
2000 rpms....like on the highway and such. I did the dual cold air duct mod
for only about $15, well worth it to me. Cold air anyday is alot better than
warm engine bay air. I also have QuickD TB on order. I figure a TB will
finish off my air intake mods, since I have done the following, I figure a
performance TB is needed to cap off my intake
mods:
-Removed the 'air restrictor plate' at the grill for the factory cold air
duct
-Added an Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flow Air Filter
-Tornado Air Management System, dont laugh.....I got suckered into it about
3 years ago, it hasnt done anything help my truck, but I just like to say I
have one :)
-Grafted in a second factory cold air intake duct, using a 4" duct. I bought
a stock air filter housing(round type from a GenII Dak) and cut out the
'neck' and part of the metal round housing which connects the cold air duct
to the filter housing. The part I cut out just is the area around the
housing's duct 'neck'. I then cut a hole the size of the neck and slid the
neck and metal housing over this hole in my filter housing, sealing it up
with clear silicon and 4 stainless steel screws. I then ran the factory air
duct(which I also got with the housing I bought) and connected it to a 4"
duct, which I bought at PepBoys and ran this duct to the grill, right about
the factory air duct. If you look, there is a second rectangular hole in the
grill right above the rectangular hole the factory air duct uses. I mounted
another neck, same as the one on the factory duct, and popped it into the
hole. Dual cold air intake ducts with an awesome factory look.
-I sealed up all connections with clear silicon RTV, so no cold air escapes

How do you like the Dynomax exhaust sound on your V6?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6