DOH!!!--Another thought on mileage

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 23:43:18 EDT

Ok, just as i was replying to the new V6 owner about his gas mileage, i was
thinking about the break-in period.
So we're talking about 2000 miles or so right? Well, i've got around 6000
(11,000 kms) so i had ruled that out as an issue earlier.
BUT!!!!!!!!
My first oil change, which was probably premature at just under 3000 kms
(1875 miles), was right to Castrol Syntec. And i just had my 2nd change
about 2 weeks ago, again with Castrol Syntec.
Sooooo.... with that in mind, do you all think that even now, my engine
hasn't been properly broken in yet?

And if this is the case, do you think that i should have my next oil change
be regular dino, then switch back to the synthetic? I've heard that it's
bad to go back and forth, but it would just be once, and i'm not planning to
keep the truck for more than 2 years, so i guess i should save my cash and
stick with the regular dino stuff the whole time i own the Dak. (Holy
run-on sentence Batman!!!)

I wanna hear all your opinions, thanks,

Frank WJ