Re: Wheel and Tire Woes...Help Needed! (Long)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 23:45:42 EDT

Might be true. When dodge puts the brake rotors on, they put little clips in
them to hold the rotor on. I think you should get a pair of needle nose
pliers and pull those little things off. That's how you get the rotor off to
turn it anyways, and I've gone quite a long time without them without any
probs.

The reason Mopar uses those little clips is to reduce assembly line time.
It's much easier to put a caliper on when the rotor is already in place than
a rotor that you have to hit and "bump" into the correct spot and hold it
there.
-Dester

<< Does this sound normal? First, have any of you with aftermarket wheels
ever
 heard of this retainer on the stud? Did you need to remove it before bolting
 up your new wheels? Have any of you ever just gotten a "bad" set of wheels
 and tires that you couldn't get to balance? Anyone ever have to do a "road
 force variation" measurement? Any tips or experience would be greatly
 GREATLY appreciated! Thanks, guys (and gals). I sure hope I can get this
 figured out soon!