Gas millage

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 00:44:07 EDT

You forgot to mention your rear end gear ratio. You also have to realize
that this is a lot of truck for a v6 auto. Now you mention that is 213
miles for how many gallons. I try not to let my distance till empty get
less than 100, about a half tank and I am getting almost 200 miles to that
with the V-8 5-speed. Again your mileage may be fine, check out how many
gallons your are putting in for these 200 or so miles. The engine will get
better mileage with time. With my 4.7 the tag on the mirror when I took
delivery of it said that mileage will tend to increase for the first 10,000
miles. Sorry but the best thing I can say is wait and possibly a gear
swap. Swapping out your probably 3.55 gears to 3.93's or so will help the
performance and may not hurt your mileage much. Since you have the 3.9
goto an open element air cleaner, there is a write-up on the DML mods page,
very easy and helps a great deal, at least it did on my old premag
6. Enough preaching, time for shuteye. Hope this helps a little.

-Chris
'00 CC 4.7 5 Speed 3.93SG 9.25 rearend... Quickly Balding Factory Tires...