question - 95 Dak gears and posi

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 01:05:51 EDT

I have a 95 Dakota which currently has 3.21 gears and an open
differential. I recently purchased a set of 3.9:1 gears and a sure-grip
unit from two different individuals who both have '97 Dakotas. My
question is, will the new goodies work with my truck? Both people said
that it will, but I've heard some talk about 27 and 29 spline stuff
(what does it mean?) so I'm not so sure anymore. If they're not
compatible, what kind of changes do I need to have done to make it work?
Or should I just sell everything (posi, gears, installation kit) and
look for something else?

TIA,
Chris H

I'm in digest mode so I apologize for delayed responses.