Re: custom EFI

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 01:58:34 EDT

Dester223@aol.com wrote:

> There are companies out there like electromotive or something that offers the
> TEC-2 system, why don't you just buy that? That'd give you control over your
> map curves and all that good stuff.

Why - because it doesn't allow enough control - too simple. Very effective tho.
Look at FP Performance's SEFI8LO (I think it might be called something else
now). Thats a pretty trick EFI setup. Ask a pro what he wants for x-mas.

> At first, I thought automechanics is
> easy, slap parts on and your engine goes, but the further I dug myself into,
> I know that the tinyest things will screw an engine up, so my opinion on this
> is "I don't know what the heck you're talking about" but i'm gonna tune in
> and listen to what you're saying. How are you making your custom EFI?

Read all about it - here's another link for some details:

http://www.diy-efi.org/~bbowling/

> that
> part I don't understand. I believe it will be very mod and labor and time
> extensive due to all the parameters that has to be set for all the sensors.

Exactly - thats whats so fun about it. Then again - I'm a Computer Engineer
(Computer Science + Electrical Engineering). Not for your average bear I guess.
Some dig it.

Latr,

Shane (ok - you guys can let me go to sleep now - just one more "check for new
mail" 8-))

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"