Re: Fw: MAP

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:28:49 EDT

I am right on the intercoastal waterway, mosquito lagoon, St John's river
and the atlantic ocean from Port Canaveral, plenty of fishin' for an angler.
Have I told you all the fish I've caught....................oops,

yes, I do not believe the 2400 stall is enough for even the 4.7. Alot of
work for a couple of 10ths. Unless you are a 4x4, then I would choose a 11".
The transgo
kit is for me, though slightly pricey. I just am a firm believer in getting
whatever power one has to the ground first before seeking more power,
although I learned the hard way by adding power and never hooking. Most 10"
& 11" convertors will reduce the slip loss contrary to what they are
designed to do (slip). I've seen a Coan 8" stall produce 3% slip on a 727,
amazing. If the convertor is lower priced, be careful as it may not have
much time spent on making it tight. A 10" convertor does no good if the
stators aren't tight and the mph suffers
severely. I ran a switch-pitch convertor on the Buick which at the flick of
a switch, it would change from 1600 stall to 4200 stall. I would launch in
high and switch to low so it would lock up in low stall and the mph didn't
suffer as it would left in high. The 360 makes enough torque stock to really
benefit from a true 10". I ran a cam on the R/T that had very little torque
under 2800, but after that, that motor pulled STRONG. I really believe that
the 10"
would have dropped the times a 1/2 second. To bad Ma Chrysler owns it now.
That truck screamed for a good convertor. Plus it would not have to be Brake
Stalled to light
the tires instantly as Motor Trend stated. (hated that article "Jack Russell
in a pack of Rotts")
I would love to buy the 10" now before I get another truck that is stock and
post the before and after to convince folks. Enough babbling......
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World