Re: Fuel Gauge:

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:57:33 EDT

> Hey all can you replace just the sending unit or is it just as easy to
just
> replace the whole unit? Thanks for any help.

Shawn,
Yes you can just replace the sending unit and it will cost about $25-$50,
depending on where you buy it from. I dropped the gas tank on my Dak to
replace to fuel sending unit and it fixed the erratic gas guage in the dash.
However, a week after this, the fuel pump died and I just had to drop the
tank again. I would HIGHLY recommend replacing the entire fuel pump
module/assembly, with comes with everything which is on the inside of the
tank, including the sending unit; call around and see what prices are in
your area......here I can get an entire module for about $135. Good Luck, if
you need any help or advice on dropping the tank or putting the module in,
let me know. I have dropped the tank about 4 times on my Dak.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6