RE: skid plate installation on '95

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 20:37:32 EDT

Glad that you figured it out. I've already got under my truck, but don't
think my info was going to be much help. Anyway, I'll go ahead and give it
to you just to kinda double check what you've got.

Front Skid plate --takes 7 bolts--these are some kind of lock bolt I
assume(don't require a nut) and have a washer attached permanently. They
are also flat on the bottom just like a regualar bolt.

Tranfer case plate--takes 4 bolts--looks like the same bolt as the front
takes.

Fuel tank plate---looks like it takes 6 bolts to attach it. Then 2 more
bolts to attach the triangle piece you were refering to(towards the front of
the plate)to the frame. Now, these bolts are NOT the same as the other 2
plates. These bolts are pointed on the end--almost like a self-tapping. I
would think these would be tight going in.
Note: I think the 2 bolts farthest toward the back are a regualr nut and
bolt--not like the other 6 on this plate. So, actually there are only 6
pointed bolts.
Pointed bolt....lol....guess you would almost call that a screw.

Anyway, maybe this helps, maybe it only adds confussion. If you have any
more questions, I would be more than happy to confuse you further...lol
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
BTW: I can remove all the bolts mentioned above with a 1/2" socket.