Bad night at the track

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 05:51:11 EDT

Well talk about dissapointment! got to the track early today, 2nd in the
staging lanes. Hot off the road, didn't remove anything, just let her cool
for about 15min. Ran a 15.5 at 87.5 something. Ok, not bad I say hot
motor, etc etc, wish the MPI would have done better.. pull around for hot
lap #2... 15.7 WTF??? pulled into the pits to let her cool off. Went
back about 45min later, pulled ANOTHER 15.7... HHmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wassup wit
that? (keep in mind I usually run consistent 15.5s 15.4s BEFORE the MPI)
went back and dropped the spare, slapped on the short belt (bypass p/s pump)
which has always been good for 2 tenths, and made another pass... 15.8!
what the *censored* *censored* *censored* is going on??? Anyhow, this went
on all night, best run of 15.5 (1st run) and got slower from there on.

The weather wasn't anything short of pitiful, head wind of about 20mph
gusting to I'd say around 30. Everyone I went with was running .4-.5 slower
than their normal times, but this still doesn't explain why I kept getting
slower. (everyone else running F-bodys so maybe the wind affects them
less??)

Any ideas folks? I'm thoughly discussed with tonight!!!!

On the good side, I made some great videos. There shall not be any
questions when I post the one I made on the return trip home ;-) Great
stuff =) hehehe
    Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      95 318 4x4 CC auto
  www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4