Re: Body Lift Question; Parts

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 10:35:27 EDT

Kyle,
the 2" body lift from Performance accessories was fairly simple as far as
parts and install...I did it with a buddy's help in less than a couple hours'
time.
Got it (the kit) from JC Whitney, like 70 bucks or so.
All the 2" kit has is the spacer pucks and longer bolts. The bumper
relocation brackets were not part of this kit, nor does the 2" kit require
messin' with the radiator, steering or anything else for that matter, only
the shifters sit slightly lower in the cab.
For Gen II Daks, there is a different kit for the regular and extended cab,
so specify which truck you have when ordering.
 My back bumper sits a little low but I plan on fabbing up a whole new back
end anyways, hopefully integrating the receiver hitch into the bumper
somehow...front bumper was adjusted up slightly, can't notice any gap. I like
the 2" as opposed to 3" 'cause it shows less body frame, and less work was
involved with the install.

Do it Kyle! C'mon, all your friends are doin' it!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...