Body Lift Question; Parts

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 14:34:11 EDT

Just for reference and research purposes, who comes with a 'typical' body
lift kit?
-Of course, I assume they come with new bolts which are longer due to having
the 'pucks/blocks' as well as washers, nuts, lockwashers to fasten
everything back together.
-Some kits do....some dont.....come with bumper 'raising' or 'relocation'
brackets
-The lift pucks/blocks themselves, but how many would come or how many would
I need to lift my cab and bed? It is a regular cab also.
-Is the bed lifted the same way, also using the body pucks?
-Do all kits come with some type of 'bed support bracket' I keep hearing
about?
Do the lift 'pucks' just sit ontop of the stock rubber bushings? I have
noticed, and if my memory if correct, there are rubber body bushings on the
bottom and ontop of the body mounts.

So far Summit has the best prices on body lift kits; TrailMaster 3" for $70.
But I dont really care to have a 3" body lift, more towards 2" and even more
towards a nice 1"(which I know no one makes). I have seen in JC Whitney they
sell a 'Performance Accessory' 2 body lift kit for only $68, but it does NOT
come with any type of bumper relocation brackets. I really dont care about
the rear having any brackets, since a local shop(where I am going have a
custom rear bumper made at) will be able to fab up some rear relocation
brackets when they are making the rear bumper, but having some front
brackets would be nice since I do have a Grill/Brush Guard up front and
would like it to match up with the grill and headlights. Does anyone know
who makes a complete 2" body lift kit for my 93 Dak? I wonder if it is
possible to machine up some 1" round pucks instead of using the 2" round
pucks a kit will come with? I mean all the pucks are made of are solid
machine 6061 aluminum, so it 'should' be fairly easy. Just starting to plan
out and explore all my options for reaching the sky. Oh well........I am
just curious what comes with a body lift kit, and if there was anyway Just
doing some pre-fall planning that's all! THANKS!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6