audio question

From: Brandon Derks (bderks@memberstreet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 17:08:24 EDT

All right, I've got a probably simple question for any audio pros out there.
I just had some components installed, 6 1/2 DEI mids with Vifa Tweeters.
The installer said that he did not use the crossover supplied with the DEIs.
Instead, he just capped off the tweeters. Now, the tweeters sound awesome,
but the 6 1/2 mids sound a little muddy. Was this guy being honest or just
lazy? A little more about my system: pioneer deck, orion 500.4xtr amp,
2-10' fosgate punch subs. Thanks for any advice.

Brandon Derks
00 CC 4x4, 4.7, 5sp, 31BFG