Re: audio question

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 20:26:38 EDT

Well, the reason he probably didn't use the DEI component's crossover is
because he might be unsure of what the DEI component crossover cuts the
tweeter at. so to be on the safe side, he put a small cap on the Vifa
tweeters (I'm guessing you piece-mealed this) to protect him and to assure
you don't have the wrong crossover point on the tweeter.

on the 6.5" midbass driver, I'm sure he just forgot to cap it. Call the guy
or w/e and have him put caps in for you.
-Dester

<< > All right, I've got a probably simple question for any audio pros out
there.
> I just had some components installed, 6 1/2 DEI mids with Vifa Tweeters.
> The installer said that he did not use the crossover supplied with the
DEIs.