lifters (bernd?)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 22:18:31 EDT

Bernd or who ever can help,
    I need a new set of lifters, I have a feeling I screwed up one of them
while installing the rollers and torqueing the top nut down to 20 foot pounds
of torque while I needed to torque the STUD that goes in the block at 20 foot
pounds of torque.

How I evaluate it is, when I start up the engine, it tickes like a @#$@#
until I get it warmed up a little. Then when I turn it off (still hot) and
start it back up, the same thing happens, so I am going to conclude it's some
sort of valvetrain. replaced pushrods, and rollers and stud and guideplates
seem to be in working order.

I was thinking. I called up the dodge dealership and was quoted "30 bucks
PER lifter" does that sound right? I'm thinking 30 bucks a set of
lifters... anyways. if it's 30 bucks a lifter, I'd rather buy a Mopar
Performance camshaft with lifters for 109 bucks through summit racing. but
they need until MAY 25th to get it and I need it fast.. SO... is there
anywhere to buy these lifters alone for less? or Bernd, how much were your 5
ounce lifters? I know you said stocks were like 5.5 oz? and where did you
get em from?

also, Bernd, on my camshaft. IF I replaced that, wouldn't I need to have the
cam bearings pressed out? I have about 78k miles on my motor already and
people I've been talking to say it's extremely foolish to install a cam in an
engine with that many miles without replacing the cam bearings. What do you
say?

last question, on the cam bearings... how are they removed?
-Dester