Re: engine noise through the amp

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 00:09:04 EDT

Did the original radio work ok if there was one?
Check to make sure the antenna is grounded to the fender well, no rust
etc. Antenna cable may be bad also.
are you running an external amp if so you may have a ground loop in the
cable.
Try a battery powered portable in the truck and see if it has the same
static. If so you may need new resistor plugs and or wires or dist cap
and rotor.