SPOTS!!!!(long)

From: Fermin Lizalde Jr. (roachmotel69@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 01:27:53 EDT

Hey all, I have a small problem. My 2000 Dak has hard water spots all over
the clearcoat. I got my shiny red pickup in January and I didn't notice the
spots 'till I was washing my truck for the first time. The spots come off
slowly with a lot of elbow grease. I don't want to damage the top coat with
so much rubbing. I use a gentle carwash soap. I also bought some Meguiar's
cleaner-wax (liquid) and it did a great job at removing most of the spots.
Question one: Does anybody know of any product out there that removes old
wax and possibly makes removal of these spots easier? I also have some spots
on my windshield. They resemble spots left over from a rainy night, except I
have tried everything next to a miracle to remove them and they just don't
come off. Question two: Has anybody else had this problem/what did you do to
remove them? It kinda sucks to have a shiny new truck with these spots all
over the place. Thanks in advance.

Fermin Lizalde Jr.
2K Dakota Sport C/C, V-6 Auto,
Sony No Balony Head unit, Sony 10-disc CD changer
Kenwood Excelon 6" (front), Boston Acoustics 6"
(rear), Kenwood 600w amp powering 2
R/F 12" Subs in Bandpass box all wired w/
Monster Cable.
roachmotel69@home.com