Transgo Install Questions...(long, please respond!)

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 21:03:17 EDT

Well I've been going over the video and booklet and would like to know a few
things, well alot of things!
First off you should know this is a 98 Dodge Dakota 4X4 318 Auto.

In just about every step it involves cleaning. What product should I use to
clean the valve body and components?

On page 1 of the manual you have the option of using the zip tie to hold the
ball and spring into a pocket, the video says this zip tie and particular
method of doing this can only be done on the small pocket. What I would
like to know is if on the Gen III Daks, is this a small or large pocket as
indicated in the video?

On page 3 step 4 you have to grind the end of the TV valve. The only thing
that I have to grind with is a Dremel, so I would like to know what bit I
should use?

Page 3 step 5 it says use yellow or pink spring. Which one will be used?

At the very bottom of page 3 it says: If valve body has a restrictor in this
passage, drill thru it in the direction of arrow with the .093 drill. Is
there a restriction here on the Gen III Dak valve body?

Now on page 6 of the manual the video says DO NOT install check ball on the
right side of the channel Casting while the manual says if the plate has two
holes in that location DO install the 1/4" check ball, if the plate has only
one hole at that location DO NOT install that check ball. What have you
folks done in this situation?

Page 5 at the bottom where it refers to 1-2 firmness, it says for average
heavy duty uses don't enlarge this hole. For extremly heavy loads drill this
hole to .093. And for racing drill .093 to .101. What have you done here
and what would you reccomend?
 In the upper right portion of this same page it says: For snow plow use and
off-road racing enlarge this hole with .093 drill. All other don't drill,
OK if already bigger, No hole hear ok. Is there a hole there? Is it already
bigger? Would or have you drilled it to .093?
On the upper left hand side of this same page it says: If the plate has a
hole here: drill .093 to .160. Is there a hole here? If so, what did or
would you drill it to?

Page 7 Step 2 it says Diesel and all HD gas install white spring, High
performance: Install Blue spring. Which spring did you install?
Competition only: Turn PR adjust screw 6 turns counterclockwise. Did you do
this and what exactly do they mean by competition?

Page 8 Step 2 Measure distance between the two pan holes marked "X". If the
distance is about 14 1/2" install orifice cup plug furnished into hole shown
with flat nose punch. Is the distance about 14 1/2" thus making it
necessary to install this cup plug?

What is the procedure for the TV linkage adjustment?

Any other thoughts, comments, tips, etc.?

Thank you all in advance for answering my questions, it is greatly
appreciated!

Jason Muffenbier
Jpm699@Msn.com