Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: SciTeck-twin turbos (Jason)

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 11:35:05 EDT

I can't tell you about the manual trannies. The auto is the new electronic
multispeed. [Give me a Dave Smith built Pro Trans A999 with low first
gear, titanium drum, 5.0 lever, and full manual reverse valve body.] The
verdict is still out on the new mopar slushbox. My general first
impression is that it is a piece of crap. PLEASE SOMEBODY BUILD A SHIFT
REPROGRAMMING KIT OR TELL ME WHO CAN REWORK THIS THING!!! It shifts like a
'78 Sedan de Ville.

4.7's have the old 9 1/4 differential, first used on '67 Behemoth's with
440's and 4 speeds. The 9 1/4 is SUBSTANTIALLY heavier than the 8 1/4
unit. That extra weight has to be turned and will increase the drivetrain
loss.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage