Re: RE: off topic: computer help needed

From: Derek (derekm@dowco.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 10:20:00 EDT

I did the same thing to a 486 nec the other day update the bios then grab
yourself one of those handy win98 boot disks and get yourself some cd rom
support then copy the cab files to the harddrive including the other files in
the folder to something like a win98 folder, then run setup from the
harddrive. if you have another computer around with win 98 running just stick
the nec drive in it and do the copying from there then stick it back in the nec
and run setup.