Re: Ignition problem

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 14:17:08 EDT

As an ex-locksmith I may be able to help.

Depending on how far down the break is, a thin, stiff peice of wire and some
small needlenose will do the trick. Use the wire to lift the wafers as you
rock the broken peice GENTLY with the pliers.
If you cannot get needlenose pliars into the lock, take a second peice of
wire, put a sharp bend about 1/16 from the end of the wire and sharpen the
end (making a tiny fishhook!) insert the hook alongside the top of the key
and turn inwards so the hook binds on the key. Use the second peice of wire
to lift the wafers. It will take a while but it can be done.
 If it is broken WAY inside the lock (Half-way or more), take it to the
locksmith and let them do it. If THEY screw it up, they can fix it.

Preacher
Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org
Owner: http://www.onelist.com/community/BASTAARDS
Columnist: http://www.wfthecoliseum.com