Re: TB Sensor(s) Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 14:28:18 EDT

Ok this is odd, maybe.
I am getting a 94 V6 QuickD TB for my 93 Dak V6.
I called around and two different Dodge dealerships confirmed to me that
1994 V6 Dakotas and 1993 V6 Dakotas use the SAME part numbers for the AIS
sensor($50) and for the TPS sensor($61).
 So they must be the same sensors. I called around some auto part stores and
ALL of them told me that the 93 AIS/TPS sensors had DIFFERENT part numbers
compared to the 94 AIS/TPS sensors.
So whats up with this???? Of course, the auto part stores are ALOT cheaper
compared to the dealer. However, none of the part stores can get nor do they
list Daks having an AIS sensor. So I am stuck with going to the dealer for
this, no big deal either. I can get a TPS at Pep Boys for $23, but only for
a 93 V6 Dakota, as they do not list any for 94 V6 Dakotas.....odd eh? Other
part stores have the TPS for the 93 V6 Dak as well as for the 94 V6 Dak, but
they are different part number and even vary greatly in price.
Autozone wants $30 for a 93 V6 TPS and $45 for a 94 V6 TPS. Other stores are
similar in prices.
What should I do?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6