Re: TB Sensor(s) Question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 16:13:55 EDT

At 01:28 PM 4/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip? Other part stores have the TPS for the 93 V6 Dak as well
>as for the 94 V6 Dak, but they are different part number and even
>vary greatly in price. Autozone wants $30 for a 93 V6 TPS and $45
>for a 94 V6 TPS. Other stores are similar in prices. What should I do?
>Kyle 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

An explanation for different part numbers may be different manufacturers.
I would get the $30 one and try it. If it does feel right, you can
get your money back (and you have your original as a back-up).

BTW, the MAP sensor for your year may be attached to the firewall
instead of on the tb. There will still be a vacuum hose running
from it to the intake manifold though ... just longer. If you can,
see if there are two or three sensors attached to your stock tb
(one near the firewall, AIS; one on the driver's side, TPS;
one on the rad side, MAP).

Hope this helps.

Bob