RE: RE: NV3500 Gear Oil Question

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 00:20:36 EDT

Ditto.. run the Mopar manual trans fluid.. it is some sort of synthetic
anyway, and
there's actually no mention of replacing the fluid under normal wear and
tear.

I had my fluid changed at 65k when the rear bearings on my truck went out
(rear end that is), and had the unfortunate experience of paying for the
transmission fluid change-- $16.50 a quart, and it takes 3-3.5!!! OUCH!

Even the repair shop that just rebuilt the transmission (shift fork, syncros
from towing, 130k miles and a new clutch) would only put in Mopar Manual
trans. fluid.

Sam