Re: Tow hook part #'s???

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 21:02:26 EDT

Frank Johnson wrote:

> Ok, got the part number for the kit: 802204668
>
> But the person i talked to was saying that you also need a re-inforcement
> kit as well, but couldn't find a part number for it. And the price was
> really expensive at 240 bucks Canadian, especially if i have to buy some
> other kit as well.
> I've got a 2000 4x4 Dak, and i'm not sure if the install will be different
> from the '99's.
> Any help with a different part number, or even somewhere else that i can get
> a similarly strong kit, would be be great.
>
> Frank WJ

Frank,

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you on that yet. Now that our power is
back on, I can turn a light on and find the file :-).

The part number I have is pretty similar (82204668). I don't have the
invoice from the parts dept., just the work order from the service
dept. The service dept. are the same people who tried to tell me that
skid plates and a trailer hitch were the same thing when we had those
installed. In other words, they're trained orangutans, so don't pay too
much attention to the part number they put on our work order.

Anyway, the tow hooks come as one kit. That one "part" should include
the hooks and the mounting bracket, everything you need. That's why
it's so expensive.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black