Crashes and Spanks

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 17:01:07 EDT

First, on the way back from getting the Dakota detailed, I watched the end
of a high-sped pursuit. I know it was the end because the idiot on the
motorcycle (in shots and a muscle shirt) tried to skirt stopped traffic and
hit the curb, spread himself and his bike down half a block of asphault.
Ouch.
If you are gonna be an idiot and run from the cops, don't do it on a
sport-bike when wearing shorts and muscle shirt. DOH!

A block later, a VOLVO (yes, I said Volvo 800 something) tried to race
me..LOL Silly man

THEN, a 2000 Celica GT tried me at a lite... I could see his buddy pointing
to the 318 and urging his buddy on. I figured I would LOSE but what the
hell... clear road, nice day :-) I spanked him by about 6 lengths by the
time we hit the next lite. So we set up to go again... I can see this guy's
buddy razzing him and he looks very determined, bent over the steering
wheel, eyes on the stoplight.
He was closer this time... I had him by about 2 1/2 lengths by the time we
hit 70.... I flashed my lights and backed off. THe passenger stuck his hand
out the window and waved, the driver didn't even look at me as he went by.
We both ended up pulling into the same parking lot and the guy was pretty
cool about it. Highschool kid, parents bought the car and he invited me to
come race him in 6 months or so (after he cuts the springs and adds some
decals?? I didn't ask )

All in all a very sweet afternoon :-)

Preacher
99 &1/2 5.2L CC 4x4 SLT+ R/T (Redneck/Truck)
Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org
Owner: http://www.onelist.com/community/BASTAARDS
Columnist: http://www.wfthecoliseum.com