Re: Mopar performance pcm

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 17:04:18 EDT

At 11:44 AM 4/30/00 -0500, you wrote:
>> I am considering getting the Mopar performance pcm for my 99 R/T. My
dealer
>> says they should be in stock by May. I know a dealer must install it and
>> copy things like vin, mileage etc into it. Does that mean that once you
put
>> it in you can't ever go back to your old one in case you don't want to run
>> premium fuel for a while. Has anyone had this experience with an earlier
>> model????? Jim in Waco

I have a '97 318 and switch back and forth with the stock '97 computer and
the '96 MP PCM. I mainly use the stock computer in the winter with 87 octane
and the '96 MP PCM during the track season with 92 octane. I have no problems
in those areas ... only with non-functioning dash gauges with the '96 PCM.

Bob. Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 3.92 SG, auto.
Corrected max. rwhp = 227.4 Corrected max. rwtq = 335.0 lb-ft