Re: RE: smiley faces on my pistons ????

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 08:48:32 EDT

At 12:37 AM 5/1/00 EDT, you wrote:
>With 1.7 roller rockers, you'll have to knock out your oil baffles. I am
now
>raised with a new delimma since doing so. A LOT of oil is getting into my
>PCV valve, and my breather, and it's getting sucked into the engine (via
>vacuum lines) and oil just sprays out the pcv valve on hard acceleration..
>guess i gotta switch back to regular dino oil. Synthetic is too slippery.
or
>what should I do? maybe breathers that aren't hooked to vacuum lines and
one
>of those K&N "mini" air breathers for the pcv valve? -Dester

I'd suggest going with the MP valve covers. They are higher in height than
the stock so the oil baffles would not have to knocked out for the 1.7 roller
rockers. The MP cover for the PCV valve has two holes in it. You could
put the PCV valve in the hole closer to the rad end rather than the one
closer to the firewall. On the driver's side, you could go with the open
air type of breathers.

Bob. Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 3.92 SG, auto.
Corrected max. rwhp = 227.4 Corrected max. rwtq = 335.0 lb-ft
PB 14.85 sec @ 91.67 mph