4.7 Owner Input

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 09:55:36 EDT

I've had my new 4.7 CC 4x2 for about a month now and I am loving it. I do
have a few questions for those of you who have had one a while longer
though. So, here they are:
1. Out of curiousity, anyone here make a dragstrip run with a 4.7 CC and
auto trans? I'm curious how it would do. I believe I read a similarly
equipped Quad Cab did 0-60 in 7.4s, and 1/4 mile in 15.8s, according to
Motor Trend.
2. Anyone hear anything about a crank pulley for this engine yet? If not,
I'd be glad to contact ASP and see what they have to say.
3. Those of you who have done a K&N genII type mod, how bad was it removing
the stock air box? Would you be able to get it back in without to much
trouble? The reason I ask is that if I needed to put it back in for
emissions testing, I would like some input on how long you think it would
take. I'd sure like to use a genII type setup over a drop in, but only if
the swap out is rather painless. From what I can see, it doesn't look too
bad.

Thanks for the input, and I'll keep you posted on how things go with mods I
do to this truck. My profit sharing check is coming this month, so it's
time to have a little fun :-)