4.7L oil pressure problem, maybe?

From: Seth Huffman (Seth@mpihoa.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 18:06:23 EDT

I just got my truck on Friday and today while I was driving I noticed that
the oil pressure would be at 40 (middle of gauge) when I was stopped idling,
the when I accelerated the oil pressure would go up to about 90 then when Id
stop again it would go back to 40. Now I really don't know much about cars
and for all I know this could be normal but I thought Id run it by you guys
as I never noticed it with my last car. Is this a major problem or what?
Thanks for any help/advise.

2000 Black Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4X4 4.7L V8