Re: MPG

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 00:55:39 EDT

Ed, I can tell a very similar story. I have a '99 V-6 auto. My interstate
mpg was about 18.5 at 70-75 mph. I did get 20 one time going across the
state at about 60. I replaced the stock muffler with a Flomaster 3 chamber
and seemed to have lost all power. Dealer said he couldn't find anything
wrong. My second tank of gas was like 10 mpg! It then improved, this past
weekend I took a trip up I-75 at about 75mph and got 20 mpg!

I can't explain it, although I do know I had a heavier foot that first
tankfull! And, I have had a m.o. for a QD TB since late March. I was just
waiting for something like this past weekend to demonstrate that it was
ready!
Cal