Re: Campershells - Snugtop

From: tony mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 13:26:37 EDT

>Have others with campershell found this to be a true statement?
>Anyone else have a Snugtop, Hi-Liner? Any problems?

I've hd a Snug-Top Hi-liner on my dak since 1997 and its been great with
very few complaints. It doesnt rain much here so leaks arent a real problem
but we did have a perid of torrential rain for a few months and the windows
never leaked. When I bought mine it was about $900 and my primary concern
was the finish. The color match was quite good to my truck but I wasnt sure
of the durability of the paint/coating on the SnugTop. So far though its
held up pretty well although it does get waxed with the truck every 3-4
months. The only actual problem that has developed is with the
locking/latching mechanism. Its now difficult to get it to lock correctly
and I estimate by the end of the year it wont lock at all. I thnk that
should have lasted a bit longer. On my shell I opted for the sliding
windows on the front of the shell rather than a shell to cab boot. I've
seen many cases where the compression boot wears the paint right off the
back of the cab. Water passes right down between my cab and shell no
problem and no leaks there. If I need to throw something into the shell
from the cab I have to open two windows but I rarely do that anyway.