RE: Re: R/T injectors and cam timing question

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 15:03:36 EDT

I've got a couple of questions that I hope you guys could advise me on!

1. At what point in your modifications did you opt for larger injectors and
at what point would you realize any performance gain? (i.e. stock engine?)

2. My Chrysler dealer recommended that when they replace the timing chain
later this week, that I have them advance the cam timing by 4 degrees.
Pro's or cons to this and what should I expect for performance gain? Will
this interfere with future mods? (MPI, Rocker Arm Install, SC, etc?)

TIA

Kurt Swanson

97 White Dak Sport CC 4X4, 318 Auto, 355 gears, MESA Headers, y-pipe and
High-Flow Cat, Magnaflow, K&N Generation II, MSD Digital, SS-Coil, and
Magnecore Wires. Waiting (weather and time permitting) to install MP
Throttle Body, Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers, Double Roller Timing Chain, Mopar
Performance valve Covers, and soon to be purchased Cam.