Re: SSTDakota318 - 1 97 Firebird WS6 - 0

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 00:03:42 EDT

>>Should I just buy a beefy 318 from Krammer & Krammer. I mean seriously
this 318 has had the crap kicked out of it for almost 100K it can't last
that much longer. And K&K seems like they know the secret to 318s (well
Magnums) SOO What do you all think???<<<

for the price of a Kammer motor you could have yours rebuilt, bored .030
over, big ass cam, MP computer, heads ported, compression ratio bumped up
to 10:1 or higher, forged pistons, and some bolt-ons and run 12's.. which
is F-body LS1 territory. If it were me, I'd get the rebuild. Project 13's
has really been a learning experience, and buying my own parts for it and
doing the research to see what works and what doesn't is a lot more fun
than callin' up someone and having them build it and ship it. IMHO, I'd
rather have the knowledge gained and be a couple tenths slower, than have
had someone else do it and not learned anything.
Don't get me wrong, Kammer & Kammer motors kick all ass (ask Brad!), but
I'd rather learn...

-mike d.

----->Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! ... dumped 88 Dakota w/MAGNUM 360 swap in progress!

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html
miggitymike@juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.