Re: SSTDakota318 - 1 97 Firebird WS6 - 0

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 10:01:04 EDT

I am having trouble with messages getting bounced back, so all the mail I
sent last night came back to me so here they are:

Stock camshaft?, I would retard it for more mph and get some gears for
better ET's after increasing the mph.

Firebird spank, piece of cake....http://members.spree.com/family/msdng check
the out the jump on the 6-speed on Kuk's Korner.

Someone asked about the R/T's setup and injectors:
I bought mine used off a cobra boy for $150, But here is the setup the R/T
CC ran:
Home ported TB (true straight 50mm)
Comp Cam 210/220 512/112cl
Flowtech shorty headers
Msd6A
180 Tstat
3x14" open K&N
#24 injectors
Bone stock PCM
Total $600ish, the truck was heavy at 4180 with an 1/8th tank without me
(175lbs) and ran 14.70 @94 mph in Bithlo, Florida.
Summit sells the #24's for $210, but I should be getting a much lower price
than that shortly.

Someone asked the difference the#24 injectors made:
As for stock, I don't know, but I ran a 210/220 cam with 19's and ran 15.1 @
91 mph, changed to the 24's and ran 14.7 @94 in a 4180lb club cab.

And finally, someoneasked about the performance of the JBA v-6 headers:
What they aren't telling you is that the 93 manifolds hooked up to a 3" cat
and the motor was rated at 230 horse, the 94 up manifolds
were hooked up to a 2.5" cat and detuned in the 220 range but with higher
torque than the 93. The JBA's shorty design should retain your bottom end
torque. Actually, if you build your motor for torque, the horsepower will
fall into place. Extruding the manifolds is $500 and keeps the torque up due
to gains in the velocity of the runners.

I hope this gets through the mail,
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World