Re: Re: WOT Shift problems with Transgo kit ATTN: Kuk

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 14:11:56 EDT

Hi, Kuk

At 10:03 AM 5/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip> I recommend setting the TV, reset the PCM, and starting from
there.
>Don't mess with more than one variable at a time. I believe your Transgo kit
>has a modified shift valve which allows you to hold any RPM, is that correct?

As far as I know, yes.

>There is a possibility that the valve was machined incorrectly allowing fluid
>to seep around the valve. If setting the TV to stock and resetting the PCM,
>and checking the linkage input do not solve your problem, then I would
suspect
>the kit has a problem, and would consider R2'ing it.

Okay, will keep that in mind.

BTW, I came across this from Ron Merx in the archives:
 " ... What I do for the strip is disconnect the TV cable from the TBI and
clamp it
  (gator clip) out about a 1/2" and shift with the B/M floor shift. This lets
  the tranny think your foot isn't to the floor and shifts when you do it
manually.
  Really helped on getting me down to the lower 13's..."

Any thoughts on this as a solution?

BTW, when you used the 24# on the R/T, was this with the stock computer.
If so, did you notice anything that might have led you to believe that
there would be some 'adverse' effects?

Thanks

Bob Tom. Ontario, Canada. '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 3.92 SG, auto.
Corrected max. rwhp = 227.4 Corrected max. rwtorque = 335.0 lb-ft
Measured max rwhp = 231.2 Measured max. rwtorque = 340.0 lb-ft
PB 14.85 sec @ 91.67 mph