Lightning vs SS/WS6

From: Michael Hines (michael_hines@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 15:53:23 EDT

There is no doubt that the Ford Lightning is a modern day hotrod, as it
should be with a (relatively) large displacement DOHC engine (5.4L?) and a
supercharger. I'd like to bolt a supercharger on my SS to even the odds a
little bit, since we are only 0.3L apart in displacement. The 5.4L engine is
the one that should be in the Cobra! If it was, then f-body owners would be
very nervous! As it is, even with equal straight-line performance between
the f-body cars and the Lightning, I believe that the one with the lower
center of gravity and better handling would be the more desirable of the
two in terms of performance and fun factor, for me anyway (at the cost of
cargo space, unfortunately). As much as I can appreciate the Lightning, I
will keep my SS...(and my Durango!)

Dakota Content - Hmmm...why doesn't Ma Mopar stick a supercharger on the R/T
and build a worthy competitor to the Lightning?

Mike Hines
2000 Durango SLT+
1999 Camaro SS M6