NOW:LOJACK, WAS: How can I put an ignition kill switch in my truck?

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:04:10 EDT

"Law Enforcement all around the Country and abroad have receivers in
their vehicles."
I'm not saying Alan is incorrect about this, I don't know, but last month
when I was shopping for new insurance I talked to a few agents about
security alarm discounts and a few alarm installers. I was told that in
the St. Louis area they don't have a LOJACK tracking system, yet. I
would double check they have a system in your area. Then again the
people I talked to might be wrong. Also, some place I read, may have
been on the DML, that they have a system like a cell phone they put on
the car, call the number and then triangulate it's location. It is
available wherever cellular service is available. I would be interested
in hearing more if anyone finds out more.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.