Re: NOW:LOJACK, WAS: How can I put an ignition kill switch in my truck?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:55:29 EDT

LOJACK will provide a list of agencies that have recievers.
They might even have a website, I haven't looked.
There were places on the list that I wouldn't have expected, like South
Africa, South America, Russia, etc.
Something to consider, many auto thefts are for export to Foriegn countries.
Harleys are currently getting bagged by the thousands for export. The LOJACK
has many case histories involving recoveries of stolen vehicles in containers
aboard ships and at the docks, so there's always the chance of getting it
back even if your jurisdiction doesn't have a tracker.
The beacon is recieved by ANY unit within it's transmitter output, so imagine
the "cop on the beat" when his beacon locator starts to beep!
Can you say "Felony arrest"?
Alan S.
P.S. I'll be the first to admit that there's no sure fire way to protect your
property from theft. I'm satisfied with the prospect of recovery, especially
if it leads to arrests.