RE: QuickD TB - 4.7L TB size Re:Steve

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 10:54:26 EDT

No, you cannot , you can only pickup about 3 to 5mm MAX., the TB doesn't
have enough aluminum left to bore it out much! But still, 65mm is not to bad
for only 287 Cubes, I think that equals about the same as a 650 cfm carb, or
close to it.
Actually the TB starts out at 65mm and tapers in to about 60mm at the plate.
then back out to 63.5mm at the mounting surface, so the best you could hope
for is to bore a constant 65 mm straight through and replace the throttle
blade with a larger one.
You may not be able to do even that much because of the o-ring type seal
that is being used on the mounting surface of the TB?? At any rate, you are
talking very minimal change in Total Diameter, and only a slight change in
its geometric, I'd have to see some dyno results before I went through all
the trouble and COST of modifying this TB.
Not saying it won't be a HP gain, but it just doesn't seem to be much room
to play around with this TB.
Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade air intake W/ K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1
BEST 1/4 14.57 @ 91.09 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 1/8 9.19 @ 72.58 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 60' 1.90
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ