What I have seen with the 4.7 TB and intake.

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 02:35:49 EDT

The increase in the size of the TB might not as drastic as on the other V8s, but
the improvement also comes from the shaft and blade. We did not want to go as
thin with the shaft as on the previous TBs because of the distance of the span.
The result is still pretty much the same, the engine puts out more torque off
the line. With the addition of the intake kit, which supplies the air it really
needs, it pulls harder off the line and continues to pull....it just keeps
going. That engine wants to run high, unlike the previous magnums.
I am picking up the new bigger version of the intake pipe. I am going to be
offering two versions for the 4.7 engine. The one that is currently offered,
which is right now only $95....when the page gets updated, it will list at
$115. Then there will the bigger version which will eliminate the baffle on top
of the engine. This kit is going to be more expensive, since it requires more
bends, more stainless tubing, welding, and a different kid of coupling hose. I
still dont have the pricing figured out.....I am still trying to figure out how
to pick up the pipes. Paying for 50 pipes at one time is kind rough......

I probably wouldnt recommend trying to open up the bore at home with a dremel.
Unlike the other style TBs, the idle motor is on the side, not the back. If you
mess up and go too far....its all over. If you have to tinker, I would probably
polish, but not try to remove any material. Or just be careful.
And if down the road a 4.7 beast was built up that needed more air, we could
probably make a bigger tb from scratch. but thats way down the road.

talk to you all later....
oh yeah, dont be shy......if your thinking about ordering anything...now is the
time, before prices go up...and while I am trying to figure out how to pay for
all those damn parts.

I wanted the current intake kit to be alternative to the drop in replacement.
That replacement filter will run you about $45-50. And it will only give about
5hp. You can spend a bit more and get the full 10-15hp.
The bigger more expensive kit, will look more sportier, and will probably put
out a few more ponies since there are less restrictions.

Take care and stay safe all of you,
Tony
www.quickd.com

hey did you all see the dual fan set up that flows 5200cfm. Its in the current
four wheeler mag.